Payment & insurance

The following information is provided to assist you in paying your bill online and in obtaining information regarding accepted insurance, billing, and insurance policies and processes.

We are dedicated to providing you with the best possible care and service, and we consider your understanding of our financial policies as an essential element of your care and treatment. If you have questions about your account, charges, insurance, or payments, please speak with our office staff.


Please have available at the time of your visit the following insurance and identification information:

Insurance card so that we can copy the front and back for accurate insurance information.

Driver's license drivers license so that we can copyit for accurate demographic and patient specific data.

Self pay

Patients who do not have health insurance coverage at the time of service are considered “self-pay” and will be required to make full payment at the time of service.

Insurance plans

If you are insured, we will bill your insurance plan directly. We are in-network with most major insurance providers, though ultimately, it is your responsibility to become familiar with the details of your particular coverage. We recommend you contact your insurance company prior to any service so you may understand your allowable benefits. If you have a PPO or HMO insurance plan, we will collect the required co-payment, co-insurance, and any deductible that is due at the time of the visit. In the event that your health plan determines a service to be “non-covered,” we will bill you directly. Payment is due upon receipt of that statement. Any amount not paid by your insurance company within 30 days will be billed to you.


Scott Innes, MD Orthopedics is a Medicare participating provider, meaning we accept Medicare’s allowed amounts for services rendered. Medicare will pay 80 percent of the allowed amount. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20 percent, plus any deductible. We will adjust the difference between our standard charges and Medicare’s allowed amount.

Referrals & authorization

Some insurance plans have provisions that require patients to obtain referrals when specialty care is needed. These referrals can be obtained from your primary care physician.


Since insurance companies will not pay for services without the required referral, Dr. Innes requires a physical referral to be provided at the time of service, prior to treatment. Our staff can assist you in contacting your primary care physician to acquire the referral.